Due Date: December 1st – let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Size of Baby: Banana
Gender: Don’t know. We are waiting again but I’m more anxious to find out this time…
Eating/Craving: Pineapples. Cantaloupe. Strawberries. Watermelon. Peaches. Bananas. Mangos. Just give me all the fruit.
Barely even feel pregnant. Praise! Still doing 30 minute walks most mornings and about once or twice a week going swimming. I’m normally not a napper, but this last week I have been enjoying a few long afternoon summer naps.
Up and down this week. One thing that really helped me emotionally was to go maternity clothes shopping. One might think since I just had a baby 9 months ago that I am all stocked up on maternity clothes. Well I am not. With Declan I bought as few maternity clothes as possible, mostly dresses, and they got worn and washed and worn and washed and worn and washed until they should just get tossed. I did not feel pretty or happy in them. So we went out to the mall as a family, Declan’s first trip to the mall because we hardly buy clothes, and I had so much fun in Motherhood Maternity. I loved it all. I left with a a shirt, a pair of jeans, and a dress. I also got a few regular tank tops from Old Navy one size up that will last most of my pregnancy. Aaannd I ordered a few things online from Motherhood Maternity that they didn’t have the color/size I wanted in the store.
Maternity clothes are expensive. But like all my clothes, these will get worn and washed a bunch. This was some great retail therapy for this pregnancy. And I want to be purposeful to enjoy this pregnancy.
The second pregnancy is different because…
No one tells me to get a lot of rest or take it easy. With the first pregnancy, it seemed as though people were always advising me to get lots of rest and sleep when I’m tired and just relax. Now it’s like I’m a pro or something and don’t need to rest. For the first pregnancy I remember putting “rest” on my to-do list. Hah, and I was on summer vacation or maternity leave so it wasn’t like I wasn’t pretty much resting all day long anyhow…
What’s New With Baby #1? Declan – 9 months old
Declan has one giant tooth. He has had just one giant tooth for about a month and no real signs that he is planning on growing another one anytime soon. That giant one on the bottom just keeps growing. It’s really cute. We call it his toof.
With Baby #2, something I’ll do differently is…
I will start pumping and building up a freezer stash of milk as soon as possible. I waited with Declan to start pumping until about 15 weeks or maybe even later, I can’t really remember. Sometime near when I had to return to work. I waited a while because I was fearful of the breast pump and just didn’t want to bother with it. I felt my breasts were already working really hard and didn’t need any overtime. My milk supply was the highest in the beginning months so I really should have taken the time to store up a good freezer stash of breastmilk while I had it coming in.
With Baby #2, something I’ll do the same is…
We are going to wait to find out the gender. The hardest part about waiting for the gender is picking two names. Name choosing is not as much fun being pregnant as it was when it was just hypothetical. It’s easy to name babies that aren’t real. It’s another to have the pressure of narrowing down names to just one. I was talking with a pregnant friend the other day (she’s having twin boys) and she talked about how her husband and her will wait to meet the babies before assigning the names to each one. I’m loving that idea and thinking maybe Dillon and I can come up with two names for each gender and wait to meet baby before choosing.
But I’m having trouble just coming up with one, so hmm…. oh boy… or girl..
A tough mommyhood moment this week:
We had a tough family moment this week. But that’s all I’d like to say for now about it besides that I am trusting God with the unknown and leaning on His peace.
A sweet mommyhood moment this week:
I got a lot of compliments on Declan this week. His hair. His toof. His smile. His happy personality. Sweet comments about my baby just makes me feel like I can do this motherhood gig.
How I did with #PregnancyGoals Last Week
- Eat sardines. They are mega packed with nutrients. – Failed It – They are icky… I will try again next week…
- Eat a vegetable with every meal. –Nailed it! – I almost always have veggies with lunch and dinner, even if it’s just cucumbers (…pickles) but breakfast was more of a challenge. Last week for breakfast to get veggies in, I just steamed two cups of spinach and called it good. Takes 5 minutes or less to steam spinach. Bonus being spinach doesn’t need to be cut and it was all prewashed.
- Find a new glider. Nailed it! – I ordered one off of Amazon and it’s painted white with light pink cushions. If I have a girl, then it fits. If I have a boy — then this mommy needs something pink in her life! I can only take so much superhero and boy stuff.
- Make sure Dillon doesn’t get sneaky during the big ultrasound next week(!) and figure out the gender.. Nailed it! – We are clueless.
#PregnancyGoals for next week:
- Eat any kind of fish.
- Sort through Declan’s old clothes – keep what I like – donate the rest
- Think about how I want to do Declan’s baby book – I better get to it or I’ll have two to do
- Sort through my closet – make an easy to get to maternity section
Bump Photo at 20 Weeks